PARTNER BPS SUMMER PROGRAM SEARCH
Create an account and get a free world-class education from Khan Academy
Coding and Computer Projects for Kids
Tap the wealth of libraries.
They may be closed, but their online resources are vast. Download the Libby app to access ebooks, audio books, and magazines. You can even stream video with the Kanopy app through participating libraries. If you’ve never gotten around to signing up for a library card, it’s not too late. Boston Public Library’s eCard gives any Massachusetts resident access to its massive online offerings of books, videos, learning tools, and much more. Even more options here. Online Children’s Library
Listen to children’s books read aloud by celebrities.
Listen to astronauts aboard the International Space Station read books and perform demonstrations.
Learn to draw beloved cartoon characters during episodes of “Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems”
Watch an aquarium live feed. You can see African penguins courtesy of the Mystic Aquarium or an octopus feeding through Boston’s New England Aquarium.
Browse the Van Gogh Museum
You can take a virtual tour of these Mass. museums and cultural institutions
Browse great works of art online
The Museum of Fine Arts and the Institute of Contemporary Art offer ready access to their collections, plus videos of gallery tours, lectures, and artist interviews. The MFA and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are posting with #MuseumFromHome on their social channels. Scroll through the FeministFuturist exhibit online at the Boston Center for the Arts, which features photographs and videos of the feminist Utopian-themed exhibit.
Visit the world’s treasures. Google Arts & Culture is a gateway to art, architecture, and other global icons.
Stay connected to local artists through the Social Distancing Gallery, where you can peruse a range of art, from watercolor drawings to plastic sculptures. The feed is from the Piano Craft Gallery, a volunteer-run nonprofit in the Piano Craft Guild, where artists live and work in the South End.
Download free coloring books from 113 museums from around the world.
Play classic board games, like Catan and Scrabble, virtually.
Stream classical music from the Boston Symphony Orchestra, which is opening up its vaults for a new online series. A “BSO Homeschool” page will include videos and other educational offerings for children. The Globe’s Zoë Madonna has also offered a list of 9 other places to livestream classical music.
Enjoy the multimedia art showcased by the Kennedy Center Resource Collection
Supporting Children at Home
- Scholastic Learn At Home Program: An activity portal of free daily courses for kids
- Mystery Science: Free science lessons for students in kindergarten to 5th grade
- Hippocampus.org: 7,000 free videos across 13 subject areas
- Mindfulness Resources for Teens: Techniques for developing the skills to be present and aware every day
- 15 Mindfulness and Relaxation Apps for Kids with Anxiety: Technological solutions that support addressing and overcoming stress and anxiety
- Emotional ABCs: Social-emotional learning resources and programs
- GoNoodle: Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- 30 Emotional Health Activities: A month-long calendar of daily activities that’s free to download and use
- Online Museum Tours: Free virtual trips to famous artworks and artifacts from around the globe
- Virtual Field Trips: Free videos and cams of animal habitats, famous locations, and unique areas
- Free Art Lessons: YouTube-based art classes starting on March 16
- TED Talks: Educational discussions organized by topic of interest
Stay Active and Fit with Soccer for Success at Home (Health and Wellness Resources)