PARTNER BPS SUMMER PROGRAM SEARCH
Packet with ideas of fun ways to play
Story to help children acclimate to wearing masks
You can take a virtual tour of these Mass. museums and cultural institutions
Masking Tape Hop-Scotch Game
Directions: Cut out each card and arrange them upside down on the floor. Let your child flip over one at a time, acting out each card before moving on to the next one.
Tap the wealth of libraries.
They may be closed, but their online resources are vast. Download the Libby app to access ebooks, audio books, and magazines. You can even stream video with the Kanopy app through participating libraries. If you’ve never gotten around to signing up for a library card, it’s not too late. Boston Public Library’s eCard gives any Massachusetts resident access to its massive online offerings of books, videos, learning tools, and much more. Even more options here. Online Children’s Library
Listen to children’s books read aloud by celebrities.
Listen to astronauts aboard the International Space Station read books and perform demonstrations.
Learn to draw beloved cartoon characters during episodes of “Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems”
Browse the Van Gogh Museum
Download free coloring books from 113 museums from around the world.
Stream classical music from the Boston Symphony Orchestra, which is opening up its vaults for a new online series. A “BSO Homeschool” page will include videos and other educational offerings for children. The Globe’s Zoë Madonna has also offered a list of 9 other places to livestream classical music.
Enjoy the multimedia art showcased by the Kennedy Center Resource Collection
Supporting Children at Home
- Scholastic Learn At Home Program: An activity portal of free daily courses for kids
- Mystery Science: Free science lessons for students in kindergarten to 5th grade
- Hippocampus.org: 7,000 free videos across 13 subject areas
- Mindfulness Resources for Teens: Techniques for developing the skills to be present and aware every day
- 15 Mindfulness and Relaxation Apps for Kids with Anxiety: Technological solutions that support addressing and overcoming stress and anxiety
- Emotional ABCs: Social-emotional learning resources and programs
- GoNoodle: Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- 30 Emotional Health Activities: A month-long calendar of daily activities that’s free to download and use
- Online Museum Tours: Free virtual trips to famous artworks and artifacts from around the globe
- Virtual Field Trips: Free videos and cams of animal habitats, famous locations, and unique areas
- Free Art Lessons: YouTube-based art classes starting on March 16
- TED Talks: Educational discussions organized by topic of interest